Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dhcp Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrfyter71

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
I have been trying to setup a printer on my server 2000 but the server does not seem to see it. when I go to the dhcp scope and look at leased ip's is show none but there are pc logged into it. Does this seem right? It seems that the server does not want to see my printer and so I am thinking it might be a DHCP problem.

If the other PC’s don’t use DHCP then you won’t see them, use IPCONFIG /ALL on them to see how they are configured.. The printer likely has an option to print out it’s configuration. See if has an IP from your scope(probably does not) or if it is set to us DHCP

Is the printer configured to use DHCP? I think is not a good idea unless you reserve the IP address just for the printer.This way you prevent the IP from any change.
Why don't you configure the printer with certain IP adress and exclude it from the DHCP scope? A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

Thank you for the help I have set the printer's ip to one that is not going to be given out. but I still can't get the server to see the printer I can get my workstation to see it with out a problem. I did try to set it up as a local printer and make it a tcp/ip port and that did not work either any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are they all on the same subnet? Depending on the IP address you use, it may not be visible unless there is a route between the server and the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back