Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Security Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambeste

MIS
Jul 22, 2002
US
Here's is what I would like to do in short. I am setting up a Windows 2000 DHCP server to take the place of an older Unix DHCP server. We use the DHCP server primarily for our Wireless connectivity. With or current setup an individual has to provide us with the MAC address of their NIC in order to get onto our "Trusted" network. If we do not have the clients MAC address registered they can only gain internet access through the "Untrusted" network. These networks, "Trusted" and "Untrusted" are on the same subnet but differenet ranges. Example.

111.111.111.0-252= Trusted
then
111.111.112.0-252= Untrusted

Does this make sense to anyone? Do I have to set up a SuperScope? Any help would be great!

What you need to do is create a scope for the "untrusted" with the ip scheme above. Then you can create reservations for the "trusted" and give them a static ip from your other range.

Thanks Cool. I wanted to slap myself after actually thinking about this for two seconds. Sometimes you just gotta walk away.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back