Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Nack

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfnit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2004
US
Help!! I have just redid my network address scheme from 192.168.1.x to 10.x.x.x (we ran out of address). Half of my machines (about 75 - 100 of them) are getting the error: The IP address lease 0.0.0.0 for the network card with network address (mac address) has been denied by DHCP 0.0.0.0 (the DHCP server sent a DHCPNACK message). I tried to do a release / renew via ipconfig and It tells me: Access Is Denied (to the DHCP server). We are running a win2k dhcp server with NO active directory (yet). We still have our old scope on the dhcp server, but it is disabled.

Thanks for you help!!
Jason

This question is actually on the Microsoft 70-216 exam that I just took. Here was the correct answer:

"On both DHCP servers configure the scope so that it has both address ranges. Define an exclusion
range for the entire address range 10.17.8.0/24 on Server A and for the entire address range 192.168.
2.0/24 on server B."

Although I'm surprised you're having an issue since the old one is disabled, but give this a try and see what happens.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back