Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP Management Console Doesn't See DHCP Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdhuffman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2001
US
I've been trying to setup DHCP and have followed all of the instructions from novell and tips from this forum. The setup went fairly easily, but I come in the next day to do some tweaking and the management console sees neither DHSP server I setup the previous day. I know the servers are running but I can't see them.

Any ideas?

A little more info on this situation.
We're running netware 5.1 with SP6

The workstation is Windows 2000 with client 4.83SP2. This is the same machine used to setup DHCP in the first place. Nothing's changed except I went home and got some sleep, came back, fired up the workstation, and this is what I get.

do you see the dhcp objects in console1

they will have a question mark but you should see them

do you see the server but crossed out or nothing
also do it on another pc although 2000 is normally ok

Yes I see the objects in consoleone and nwadmin both.
I don't have another 2000 machine close by, but I loaded an XP machine with the console and of course it crashed.
Thanks

Don't know if this will help or not, but there is a newer version of the DNS/DHCP management console that fixes some problems on XP.

I can't remember the name of it but I think you could search Novell and find it.

Also make sure you're logging into the network with Admin privileges.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Yeah I've got admin rights. I'll check for the update on Novell.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back