Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP IP and User List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugs

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
US
I have a DHCP server running on W2K server and some windows clients. Is it possible to get a table which says so and so IP address and respective username.

I can go physically to each and every workstation and do a IP config and note it. But is there any way to automate this.

W2K acts as a PDC.

regards
MP

If you're running DHCP and the IP addresses are all automatically being assigned to the workstations then all you need to do is open up the DHCP console, go into your scope and look at address leases. That shows you all of the assigned IP addresses through DHCP.

If you want the static IP addresses you'll need to use a third party tool such as WS Ping Pro Pack ( I don't think there's any way to do it using any Windows 2000 components (although DNS also keeps a forward lookup of every computer which uses it as a DNS server.) It's on the DNS console under administrative tools on control panel.

Turn on the DHCP logging and it will give you more info in a txt file.

bob

I know what I know and that's all I know. What I don't know I will ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back