Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP FOR 4620 IP PHONES AND SURVIVABLE GK

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamosalavaya

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2004
NL
Hi
1 )I would like to know how to configure the dhcp por 4620 IP PHONES: How long should i setup the lease time and what's happens when lease has expired ?
2 ) what Survivable Gx node... means in screnn ch station ?
I setup the lsp ip adresses directly on dhcp in 176 option.
3 ) is it possible to link a g3sI V8 to S8700 by analogue port from both switch, like a DCS but with 4 port analogues in a Trunk.

Regards.

Hi Frenchideas,
Concerning the 4620 dhcp setting, is that the 176 option than you would like to set and if yes what kind of information are you looking, by example vlan, clan adress, .....
About the lease time, when the lease is finish normally your station have to reboot itself and wait in ready mode to be used but I have to check this because sometimes, station could wait some intervention from you like a reset phone.
Regarding the G3SI, for the link, the best solution is a DCS link in my opinion. if only 4 analog port is necessary why not.

Hi and Many thanks fo your Help.
I have 176 and for this option i need to know if had to set My four clan (in same network and ipnetwork region) or only 1 and the adresse of lsp.
For Dhcp, i understood today why my ip phones reboot sundenly during calls. The lease time was set to 24 hours....
When you told me that it possible to link pbx by four portm hoz is the best way to set it ? is there a specific trunk group for analog channel ? what is about signaling /
thanks a lot

regards

I frenchidea, sorry for my long response time, regarding your ip-network-region, you have few solution.
First using only 1 ip-network region and 1 vlan, most simple to set but not easy to support. after, you could create few ip-network-region with only one region and to attribute your ip-station by ip-network region, go in ip-network-map and give the ip adress range by ip-network and after, the most interresting 1 Vlan by ip-network-region, to do this, attribute to your clan and your medpro the same vlan ID than your ip-network region in IP-INTERFACE and in your ip-network-map, give the good vlan number. So to finish, on your DHCP, by ip range, on option 176, give the clan adress of the vlan in first ( and if you want a backup, you could give the other clan adress but allow the bind between vlan on your diferent LAG)give the mcport, the tftpserveur adress and the vlanid. It's should be something like this :

First ip range :
176=MCIPADD=10.59.48.112,10.59.48.197,MCPORT=1719,TFTPSRVR=10.59.48.51,L2QVLAN=XX

Second IP range :
176=MCIPADD=10.59.48.197,10.59.48.112,MCPORT=1719,TFTPSRVR=10.59.48.51,L2QVLAN=XX

Telecom Administrator

Many thanks to help me Legheti,

Ok for the Dhcp and VLAN, thanks.
Have you an idea for an analog trunk ?
regards

For the analog trunks, you could setup analog stations on one side terminating into analog trunks on the other side and visa versa. If you have the ability, I'd suggest using an IP trunk instead or a DS1 if you have the ability.

yes thanks for the trunks but what is the type of Trunk and sig etc ? could i setup it with analog board for station ?
I don't have Ip on G3sI V8 just on CM 2.1.S8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back