Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP. Does it have to be 192.168.0.*? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevehewitt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
My network is on IP 196.155.0.* (*=uniuqe number). I need to implement ICS on Dial-on-demand. How can I get around changing this so i can run DHCP on 196.155.0.*? Surely there must be some registry editing software somewhere!

Assistance required. Steve Hewitt
IT Administrator

Windows 2000 Microsoft Certified System Engineer

As far as I know ICS HAS to have the IP range 192.168.0.x. I am not sure if there is a way around it without totaly reprogramming ICS. You may be at an Impas unles you change your IP scheme. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

For ICS you need to use 192.168.0.XXX.......
you can use NAT if you do not want to use the 192.168.0.XXX

patrick

ICS is set as default for 192.168.0.x but I think I read a reg hack to change this. Run a search through your reg for 192.168 and see if it is there...

There's some freeware out there, that will do the same job and you can use any ip scheme you wish..

Its really worth a look, and the best part it won't cost a thing and the download is only about 200k !

How about linux coyote? This has a built in DHCP server, router and dial on demand function. This way you can have what ever DHCP scope you want internally and have your external NIC as whatever IP you need.

Mantislee, MCP
Systems Administrator
mantislee@yahoo.com

um, i got the ICS workign with a network using 204.75.156.*

I had absolutely no problems, all i had to do is this. Enable ICS, which by default changed my second NIC card to have the IP to 192.169.0.1, then i just changed that NIC back to the IP i wanted....done.

PrOxY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back