Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP and two c-nets on the same physical segment

Status
Not open for further replies.

hl

MIS
Jan 20, 1999
DK
I'm trying to set up a working environment where I have two different C-nets on the same physical segment. I've also setup a DHCP server configured with both c-nets on the interface. But the DHCP server seems to only lease out adress on one of the c-nets.<br>
<br>
Shouldnt it be possible to make the above mentioned work

I don't claim to be an NT nor a DHCP expert, but the first question that pops into my head is: Do you have an IP address from both address blocks assigned to the ethernet interface on that segment? I suspect that the NT box is not seeing to the broadcast messages on the second IP network without having an IP address assigned from that network.

Hi guys! I have almost the same problem. As an answer to Salivanus I have an IP address assigned to the NIC, and my question is, does DHCP server only lease out addresses only from that scope that is the same as the primary IP-address net?

Regards

Per

I currently have 12 DHCP servers on multiple subnets and the 2 on the main campus handle roughly about 120 subnets only 1 which match the DHCP servers IP. ARe you by chance using CISCO routers or hubs ??????

Yes, I do. I have a Cisco 3640 router and the servers are connected to a 3524 XL Switch. Is there a glitch with these products?

/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back