Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DHCP and moving phones on 1000 E

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossV

Technical User
May 22, 2006
US
Periodicly I have issues moving phones from floor to floor at my site. Each floor has a different DHCP scope. To get the phones to grab a new address I have to wipe out the current settings and enter a static IP. Reboot and swipe again and set it back to automatic DHCP settings and then the phone will grab an IP and work. Has anyone seen this before? I'm on 5.0 using firmware 0624C6N on my 1100 series sets.

I have not seen this but I know that there is new firmware avaialable - 0624C6O.

We are on firmware 0625C6J, so there are more updates out there.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Do you have the Voice VLAN being given out by DHCP or do you set it manually? If manually, you should investigate giving out the Voice VLAN ID via DHCP. Otherwise it is difficult to move to different areas which preumably are in different VLANs for voice.

hope this helps
rob

We had the same issue at work. ended up with our IT provider making a change to the global scope in the voice DHCP server.

"someone" changed it back so the decision was made for the IT provider to kill all other access to the DHCP server, which means I don't know what the change was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back