Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dfs removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcdaniel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
US
I am trying to setup Dfs properly on a 2003 R2 Server. It was installed/configured before I arrived. So the server has Dfs installed except there is no Dfs component within add/remove windows components. My goal is to have this server configured with Dfs and then replicated on an identical server. When I use the configure your wizard the only thing I am able to do is add and remove the file server role. I thought I would try to remove Dfs completely and reconfigure it to make sure the dfs comoponent as well as dfs replication component is installed. How can I remove Dfs completely, OR, how can I add the Dfs components, which are not visible on add/remove components util in control panel.

For those of you who find this thread, if you dont find the components for dfs even though DFS is installed on your server you can find the dfs components on disk 2 on 2003 R2 Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back