Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dexterity - Alternate Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron895

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have developed a modification to an existing form in Small Business Financials. How do I give users access to this form? The security is different than Great Plains, and I don't see where I accomplish this.

I am not an expert of SBF, but you will probably need to update the security tables yourself.

If you add an entry for the appropriate user and company into the SY_Security_Normal_MSTR table.

'User ID' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = 'User ID' of globals;
'Company ID' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = 'Company ID' of globals;
'DictID' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = DYNAMICS;
'Restype' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = FORMTYPE;
'Resid' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = Resource_GetID(DYNAMICS, FORMTYPE, technicalname(form '<Modified Form>'));
change table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR;
'Alias' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = 0; { No Modified }
'AltDictID' of table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR = <Your Dictionary>;
save table SY_Security_Normal_MSTR;
check error;

I would also add a method of removing this security record if you need to.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Has anyone use the Blue_GrantAccess() function to accomplish this task? This is what is explained in the Dexterity integration guide. However, the example is for a new form, not an alternate SBF form.

I cannot find an example of SBF using an alternate form. Is no one doing Dexterity customizations for SBF?

I've been advised by my VAR that the Blue_GrantAccess() is not used for alternate forms. David's method above would need to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back