Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Device not found when restoring remotely to Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruiteri

Technical User
Apr 6, 2003
SG
Hi,
I was trying to restore Exchange2k infromatioin store remotely from a workstation to a server using Backup Exec 8.5 and got the following errors.
"Unable to attach to \\servername\\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group. The device cannot be found."

The workstation is part of the domain and both of them are using Win2k Adv server operating system.

I've already set the Allow Anonymous to 0 in the registry, set the local policies to None. The services is started using administrators rights, and the exchange server is delegated to have full administrators rights as well.

The information store and the Mailbox in Exchange2k is already dismounted and set to allow restore from backup.

Can anyone help me with this issue? I've search for the support website but found only same issues regarding backup and none on restore. I need to get it done asap.
Thanks in advance.

Fruity

I read this post in a blind panic this morning looking for information as I has exactly the same circumstances and had just completed an AD restore.

All other data went back OK but Info store and mailboxes failed with exactly the same error.

The cure for me was to make sure the default share on the volume was set..... Odd one but it worked and saved me loosing a contract!

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back