Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

device config in solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

uxadmin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2001
IN
Hi all,

I have configured solaris 8 on intel m/c.
Everything is working fine, but I am not able to get raw device name for CD-ROM.
I installed s/w from same cd-rom, so compatibility is not a prob. I used dmesg, prtconf & sysdef.
But I could not get this, I want to mount cd-rom & enter this entry in vfstab file. Is this
applicable for any hard drive if I will add? But I think I could get this info for hard
drive using format command. In admintool, entry for cd-rom is showing volume mgmt but that
is also not working.
Thanx in advance,

uxadmin.
:-I

Hello,

Try this command

eject -n

lists nicknames of devices

Bye

Try
1. #drvconfig -i dad
or
#drvconfig -i sd

2. #disks

This command creates symbolic links in the /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk directories pointing to the actual disk device files located in the /devices directory.

Hi All,

Thanx a lot for your reply, I tried both i.e. eject -n & drvconfig, disks. But was not able to get any info about raw device name for CD -ROM. I used devnm command which gives you raw device id but as it is using volume mgmt, it gives me path of root fs. Ok, let's see.

Uxadmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back