Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Developer License for FoxPro 2.5b 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshbird

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2000
DE
Anyone know where I might get hold of one of these? - I need to change some stuff on a legacy program, but although I have a development environment, I can't get hold of a license.

Any help would be fab!

Fiona.
:-(

Fiona Williams

If you find somewhere, I would be grateful if you would pass on the website/E-Mail address to me also.

I have been trying to obtain a licence for over 2 years now.
MS advise upgrading to VFP (not what I want!) or contacting a reseller for one (whom I have tried in vain over the last 2 years).

Good Luck..

Tried there, they haven't got any - if anyone else gets any bright ideas - Still be grateful!

(Thanks guys)

Fi.

:-(

Fiona Williams

I have been writing FP code sence 1990 but don't know what you are talking about. Is this a paper document or a piece of software?

It's the license that I want - 'cos other wise I can't release any changes to the software, and do it legally. As a bye-the-bye, I can't buy the softwre either now. I may be able to get the software myself, but I can't get a license from anywhere right now, and its proving a bit of a problem. If I try to re-compile everything in a more recent version there will be so many problems that I don't even want to think about that.

Any other ideas guys?!?

PLEEAAASSEEE?????

Fi.

:)

Dear Willif,

I have been facing the same problem. I have developed applications using FoxPro 2.6 for my clients. The applications have been running fine and upto the satisfatcion for past 3 years. Now due to unavailability of licensed copy I am forced to change the development environment to VFP which I do not want at this stage. My clients want licensed copy of FoxPro 2.6 at their end.

If you find any solution, please let me know also.

Ashish

You could Downgrade from a Visual Foxpro Professional Licence?

We do it alot here when upgrading sites, (MS Dos isn't available) so we just downgrade Win95/98 to Dos,

It should still be available tho...

I have seen Foxpro for Unix for Sale a few years ago on the web...

Zim

1. If you only ditribute run-time executables, the clients users do not need a licensed copy. Why dont the run-times be sold?

2. Developers alone need a licensed development edition of the software.

I can probably help to get one or two copies of the 2.5/2.6 versions which are no longer used by some companies and I can persuade to sell them. You can contact me with your email at

ramani_g@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back