Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dethreading text in InDesign 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellinifan

Technical User
Dec 30, 2004
US
In PageMaker I had no problem breaking up text threads. I would just click on a section with pointer tool, cut and paste in place and text dethreaded. I would like to do the same thing in InDesign but since it uses text frames, all I can do is highlight the text, make a new text frame and paste text in text frame. Seems there should be a more efficient way of doing that. I suspected the link button may be involved but haven't figured that out yet.
Any insight is helpful. Thanks.

...have you tried selecting the text box with the select tool (black arrow), copy and paste? The copy will have maintained it's original content...

...the you can delete the original text box, the text from this box will end up back to the previous text box, in some cases all you have to do then is put a line return so it ended the same as before, when it had that threaded textbox...

...when dealing with multiple text threads, to break the links to all boxes but maintain the original text content, copy and paste each box one at a time...

Andrew

There is also a script called BreakFrame that does it for you...I think it's on the InDesign CD...with the extra scripts.

I'm using InDesign cs1.
I can't find the breakframe script. Is this for CS2?
In only see a plugin of incopy export on the install disk.
Where can I get the breakframe script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back