Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

determining the cache created by each session

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant13703

Technical User
Apr 9, 2004
IN
Hi all,
I have numerous sessions in PRODUCTION which take anywhere from 30 seconds to 8 hours to RUN. i need to know which of the sessions are faring badly. To start with, i want to make a list of the size of the cache file created by each of the session during their run. I understand that these files are temporary and will blow off as soon as session is completed.
So can there by any tecnique in unix or in informatica itself that will tell me what was the size of the cache created by the session for each transformation like aggregator, joiner, lookup etc.
For UNIX people...i would like to write a script that will run every minute from morning 2 to 6, and take a snap shot of all the files present in a particular folder and append a single file with all these data...

guys/gals..kindly help with your ideas.

Thanks
Anant

I don't know can you determined the size of cache created by the session.
However, you can determine do you have enough cache allocated to your Lookup, Aggregator, etc.
The information and table are too extensive to list here.
You can use the help in Informatica and go to Search Tab.
In the space provided type in "determining cache requirements"
Hope this helps.

You can set 'Collect Performance data' checkbox in session properties. This will help you to determine how many records are read by cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back