Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determining Report Access Frequency 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

puhl64

MIS
Jul 1, 2002
US
Hi All...

I would like to know if theres a way to look at the BO repository and determine who and how often a user accesses a report.

Additionally, does anyone know where I can get information as to what all the Repository tables mean and how they should be linked together...

Thanks!

Rich

On the B.O. Version 5 CDROM, there's a directory called "Freeware" which has a file called "repostry.htm" that details the repository tables and columns.

Or you can use/purchase B.O. Auditor which comes with pre-defined universes designed for tracking usage of B.O.

Thanks balves...

I checked out the CD... I see the repository info, but none of those tables mentioned seemed to keep track of what was run.

I know about the Auditor software, but I dont think my company will spring for it! I did however, see an auditor.unv on the disk. Perhaps if I can find the underlying base tables.....

Thanks again!
Rich

The information you are looking for is not stored in the repository.

You can turn on Auditing on your WebI/BCA servers and use the Audit.unv without buying Auditor. This is documented well in the WebI System Admin Guide.

If you are trying to audit full-client activity, you're out of luck. There is no full-client auditing availble without buyinig a product from a 3rd party.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Thank you Steve!

I'll give that a shot in the morning!

And enjoy the Holiday!

Rich

Jus to add a bit. To get the details about Repository Tables and how they are linked check out the managero universe again from the same freeware directory.

Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back