Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Details overflowing to next page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSparrrow

Programmer
Jan 2, 2005
ZA
I have a couple reports where sometimes the records in the details section go on to the next page. Now at the bottom of the first page the details sections doesnt close the border.. so it looks something like this
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
page 1 of 2

and I need it to close the horizontal border at the bottom.
How can i get this right?
-Michael

Michael,

You may have done this but have you checked that the bottom of the line in the details section does not touch the details section line or that it doesn't go over slightly into the next section. I'd zoom in to 400% and then have a look at the lines closely just to check. Also you can leave the line slightly off the bottom of the details section and then extend the line to the bottom of the section when its printing.

Hi Steve,

Well yea the problem is I've removed the bottom border of the details section, cause I dont want the border to print everytime there is a record..ie I dont want it to look like a grid (too many lines) but I do need that bottom border before the page break...and I have no Idea how to set that?

Have you tried placing the line at the top of the page footer, thats assuming you haven't got any groups. If you have got groups then try placing it at the top of the group footer below the details section. Doing this should print the line underneath the last record of the details section.

Yeah I tried putting it in the page footer but i do have groups so that didnt work....If i do put it on top of the group footer it does print a line under the details section after the last record....but that happens on page 2...where as on page 1 its at the end of the page but its not the last record...and that where I need the line to make the report look neat etc..

Ok just had another thought, have you tried drawing a box but starting the top of the box in the group header and then putting the rest of the box in the details section.

You could try a page footer with a line across it.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back