Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Details Looping ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNab

Programmer
Jul 23, 2001
CA
Hello All,

I have a rpt that I am updating. It has several Report Headers and then one group (Group Header #1 :InvestHolding.AcctNum - A) around the 2 detail lines. is what the group is on. I simply added a table or two and one field (not formula) in the group header. It displays a name. Now the report gets the correct name, but the data for the client is comming out four times in the detail line? The data is not incorrect or different, but it is the same thing four times? Any ideas?

Thx

Jamie in Canada

Willto,

Please post this as a new question, not as a follow-up to an existing question. Please 'red flag' your post in this thread for deletion. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Hey Ken,

Just a quick question. Is it possible to create a sub report that only has in it the account number and the corrisponding insured ID or Insured name and make variables of them. Then make a formula in the main report that will do a comparision on what account number it is on, then do a comparison on the variables from the sub report to bring in the correct data and also know when the account number changes and then get the next insured ID or name that corrisponds with the next account number?

I could do this in Visual Basic, but I'm not sure if it's possible in Crystal Reports version 6.0?

Thx Ken,

Jamie

Sorry, could you rephrase the question.

It seems to me that if you had fields in both tables to compare to ensure that you had the correct data, then you could just make a direct link without using subreports. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

0005046356 Adams, Amile
Bond Fund 11.22 1,122.23
Equity Fund 22.33 2,254.92
Bal Fund 54.56 5,458.22
Int'L Growth Fund 66.36 9,874.32
Asset Alloc. Fund 5.55 123.45

This is your data, right?

Group on the employee ID number, with the employee table as your primary table. Link in the four other tables, but NOT through each other. In other words, make all the related tables link to the single employee table. Employee is the group and the funds are a 5-line detail section.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back