Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detailed Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2005
US
Ok I got a problem.

I am getting numerous -84 (media errors) which is fine, because I am about 95% sure that the media in question is bad (old tapes). What is happening though is Netbackup has two chances to finish a job. If on the first try it encounters an error it will try to complete it again. Most of the time it does complete it on its second try and the little blue or yellow man appears with a 1 or a 0 next to the job in the activity monitor(wooo hoo veritas). Now thats all great if its not a media write error. If it is a media write error then have to dig through every entry and look under detailed status to see if a -84 error occured. How can the -84 errors to show up in the activity monitor without going into detailed status?

Sounds like a question for Veritas Support and their product enhancement group.

>How can the -84 errors to show up in the activity monitor >without going into detailed status?

I doubt they can.

Every single time I have seen 84 errors it's been due to bad media (as you are establishing) or unreliable drives.

I'd start with getting some new media in as fast as possible and make sure all your drives are at their latest supported firmware and driver levels.

Tim

seems to me that you can use bperror with some of the options to get this info.
Also under the reports section of the GUI check out "problems" it should may show this

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back