Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail Can Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbunch

Programmer
Sep 5, 2006
US
I have can grow set on fields but the field wraps but the detail row does not grow. Is there a way to set the detail row to grow when a field wraps??

What version of Crystal? I've used 8.5 and 10 and the detail line expands just fine when the text needs it.

Are you using a subreport? They have their own controls, in addition to those for the fields they contain.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I am using 10 - row not expanding.

I'm baffled. I'd have thought you couldn't set such a think if you tried. Does anyone else know?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

You mean that the row is not growing vertically, right? Is the problem that the field is overlapping a field below it? You should place the lower field into a separate, inserted detail_b section.

-LB

There is a line drawn in the detail - I took it out and now everything looks fine. But if I want a line - between each row and the fields wrap - what do I do??? Can that be done??

Right-click and choose border, you can set a line at the bottom of the field.

Or right-click on the section, insert a new section and put the line there.

Insert a second detail section (detail_b) and place the line in there and then resize it to make it small.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back