Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Destinations settings on Crystal Reports Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTFS

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2011
GB
Hi guys,

I am a bit stuck with trying to set up e-mail destinations in Crystal Reports 10. I know its a bit old now but its all I have to work with unfortunately.

Firstly - when I load my CMC it doesnt have the option to 'Manage' servers, only to Organise them.

When going via the Organise Servers route, the destinations tab is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

Another thing to note is that on my CMC at the top it says Express in small writing under where it says Crystal Management Console (I'm not sure if that implies that I have a restricted version of some sort?)

Any help would be appreciated in getting this destinations tab open as I would love to be able to e-mail my reports to users!

Do yoiu have a "Destinations Server" in your server list? If not, you'll need one. I'm not super familiar with CE, but in BusinessObjects XI r2, you would have to go to the Central Configuration Manager to add this.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Ah thanks Dell, no I don't have a destinations server in my list... I'll have a look at adding that now!

Many thanks!

Phil

Hi Dell - sorry there is no 'Destinations' server in the add new server list... we have all servers added and running...

Then I think the version of CE you're running may be restricted so it doesn't have that functionality. As I said, I'm not super familiar with CE 10, so I don't know for sure.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi,
Since that CE version was discontinued in 2007 ( and I assume it is CE 10 Express, not the XI or 2008 version of Crystal Reports Server), it is hard to find a 'features' list, but usually Express versions of software are limited in the feature set offered compared to the 'full' versions.

I did find this - highlights mine:
[URL unfurl="true" said:
http://www.crystalkeen.com/articles/crystalreports/crystalenterprise.htm[/URL]]
Express. This edition comes free with Crystal Reports 10.0. Good thing, too. Express 10.0 has a limitation its predecessor did not. That is, it supports only named users. The predecessor supported concurrent users. Drag. This limitation carries some implications. While it does provide security, it does not provide for business views or scheduling. And, it gets worse. You can use it only on a single server. Worse still, you can use it for only five named users. Worse even still, you can add more users for $450 a pop. Ouch. Consider Express a sorry excuse of a poor demo package--about like Outlook Express is to Outlook

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi Turkbear - thanks for that, it confirms what we thought. We are now looking at upgrading the package we have although other than the e-mailing thing, this does exactly what we need it to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back