Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

destination server could not be found in DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

reginalim

MIS
Jul 6, 2003
SG
Hi all,

When i tried sending emails, i'll tend to receive rejected msg just like the below

&quot; The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator. <domain #5.4.0> &quot;

It does not apply to every single emails i send and it does not apply to a fix group of ppl.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Regina

Regina....

The ones that are failing, are they going to the same destination or does it fail no matter where you send?

It is not a 'fixed' destination. It may failed now but after 10-15 mins when retried, it will get through.
I've no problems sending and receiving mails.

Thanks for replying.

Do you have forwarders enabled correctly in your DNS? This sometimes creates this problem if you point them to a wrong external DNS.

Any more news on this... I've seen this error a few times in the past day.

Thanks
Charles

Has anyone found an answer to this? I am still having the problem every now and then.

Sidney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back