Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DESTINATION OR ACCESS CONTROL FOR GROUP USER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai123

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
CA
How to setup in ASI Server for a special group users to access a default (may be more than one web site) internet destination.

Create a new global group with the users you want to access the sites.
Create a new destination set in ISA under Policy Elements. In this destination set put in the websites that you want the users to access.
Create a Site And Content Rule, which applies to this new group, Select Allow, Choose the destination set and select the time allowed to access the web sites.
And as long as you dont have any other Site and Content Rules all other traffic is denied by default.

SithlOrd,

Thanks for yours advise. I have a user group name collectors setup in NT4 server.Where do I setup a globe group? In ISA or NT server? Can I still using the Collectors group in NT4 server.

Sorry to tell you. ISA server setup as a proxy have a port 8080. If I want to set up another port number (8000) to collectors group to limited internet access what can I do.

Can I set collectors visting more than web sites (let say three) in the same setting you mentions above.

Dont worry about the Global Group, i assumed you were running Win2k Server. The collectors group will be fine.
It is not recommended changing the web proxy's port number. I dont see why you would want to anyway.

I dont quite understand what you mean in the last line but if you want to allow the collectors group to be able to access internet through other programs, you will need to make a similar rule in Protocol Rules.

Sithiord,

Last line is my typing error. I mean if the collector must have access more than one web site (let say three or more destination location) how can set up.

I try to creat a new destination set in ISA under policy Elements. But I am unable to input the websites in this selection. How can I input the location at URL or IP address format?

I will keep existing port for all users. Please advise me how to put in the destination wed site in ISA server.. Thanks

To input a website into a destination set, you use the the format *websitedomain.com ie. If you wanted to allow them to get to you input *yahoo.com
The destination set will allow you to enter multiple addresses

ISA Server setup new Site and connect, protocol, IP packet filters rules and distination. On NT Server, I created a new global group TEST and my self is the onlyin that group. When I connected to internet, all internet users pop out a screen and asking for User name, password and display ISA default port 8080. When I typed in my username and password, it doesn't work, even using administrator password is still not working.

I think maybe some config in ISA causing this problem because I don't take out the old setting. Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back