Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Destination link not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3leTech

Technical User
May 23, 2003
US
I am using Crystal Enterprise 10 (with CR10). I upgraded from CR 8 and Seagate Info 7 last week. Most things in CE10 work well, and are easy to manage. However, when I try to change the destination of a report instance, I cannot, because the Destination link on the Schedule tab is greyed out. Is there a setting I'm missing to activate this link so that I can save a report to a location other than the Default?

--Telephony Tech

Hi,
In the CMC, go to the Servers tab and for the Program Job Server and Report Job Server be sure the Destinations are enabled and configured for the ones you want to use ( File, SMTP, etc)

[profile]

Thank you Turkbear for your quick response. I followed your directions, but when I open the either the Program Job Server or the Report Job Server, the Destination tab is greyed out as well. ????

--Telephony Tech

Hi,
Be sure that you are logged in as administrator ( use Enterprise authentication and the actual administrator account).

[profile]

Yep, I'm doing that. And, I made sure that the Administrator account has full control of everything.

--Telephony Tech

Probably you are using the free version, not the professional or premium version of Crystal Enterprise. In free version, you have a lot of limitations, specially delivering through email, et all.

Srinath
srinath_p (at) yahoo.com

Srinath,

So, with the free version, I can't email reports, or save reports to network locations?

--Telephony Tech

Yes. You can't email. For more detail comparision for the free to paid version can be found out by visiting the below link.

I know this is bad... but it would certainly help you with your plans of purchasing full version of CE or choosing any cheaper tool to acheive the similar functionality.

Srinath
srinath_p (at) yahoo.com

Srinath,

Thank you for your help. I spoke to three separate people at Business Objects, and each time they assured me that the free version would allow emailing and saving .rpt files (and .pdf files) to network locations was permissible. I will be contacting them tomorrow.

Thanks again!

--Telephony Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back