Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DESPERATE!! Scrollbar problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainpudding

Technical User
Sep 29, 2002
US
Ok I have posted this once and it never got resolved ... so here goes again I have a movie with a movie clip inside of it .. and inside that movie clip a scrollpane loads... now the problem is that the scrollpane loads with no scrollbars at all .. but if you click on the same button to lad the same on again .. it loads correctly ... take a look and hopefully someone can help me

Didn't even use to see that scrollbar upon a refresh, but I do now. That said, the content mc still exceeds the scrollpane itself. Is your .fla available?
In my case, it should be zipped up and in MX only format, not MX2004!

there are 29 flash files, which one would you need? all of them zipped is 6.52 mbs. I can upload it and give you a link for download

29 .flas right? Not .swfs?
E-mail me the link, I'll have a look! Hit my handle above for e-mail.

Well, Unexpected File Format! You must be on MX2004, and I'm still on MX only!
You can try to SAVE AS..., under other names and in MX only format doocuments, but if you've used MX2004 only features, that won't work.

I am having a very similiar problem... I posted today about it even after seeing this post because it seems that this one never got resolved.. any update?

k

Believe me, I tore my hair out for hours over this one. Baisically Flash MX (possibly older versions, I've only ever used MX) has a problem with scroll bars on dynamically loaded text. If you copy-paste your text in you're fine but when dynamically loading, your scroll bar must be loaded twice. I just load the scrollbar and then automatically send it back to the previous frame to load it again before stopping. Baisically loop it once so that it can refresh whatever is on the page. From memory it was a little more complicted, you had to have it on the right layer and stuff, but muck around and I'm sure you'll get it.
-Keyper

The text I am dealing with in this instance is not being loaded dynamically, but of course a text box that has a scrollbar component attached to it will only work if the box is set to dynamic.

My problem is that I am loading a movie into a target.. the movie on level 0 main.swf has a dynamic text field and scrollbar component.

When I load in the second movie and then unload it using a button within itself, the main.swf, shows the text and the scrollbar(not buttons are shown on scrollbar, just the scroll track. Also, when I unload the movie from the target, it tells the _parent movie to gotoAndPlay a frame that transitions it back in, therby reloading the scrollbar. And, the most unbeliveable thing is that I have scrollbars in other timelines of this movie and as soon as I load a movie into a target, wherever in the parent movie this is done, all of the other scrollbars become inactive. I am tearing my hair out.

Can you post a link to a shorten mockup .fla, replicating the problem? Zipped up and in MX only format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back