Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desperate MDX situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddiGud

Programmer
Mar 3, 2006
IS
Hi

I´m in trouble, I can´t find a solution to my MDX problem.
I have a dimension that is not displayed in the grid but I need to use it do control what data is seen.
This unseen dim is for Branches (A, B, C..)

Currently I am showing all Systems(1,2,3) for all Measures with no filter on the Branch.

What I need to do is filter the Branches so that all Branches except one are present.
Can I use Filter on this? I´ve only been able to filter on the Measures and not the Dim's.

Please help

Thanks
Arnar / Iceland

you should be able to place it in the where clause or cross join branches and system and specify the system member in the cross join. The second would probably be more intuitive for the user as it will visually show them how the data is constrained to a single system.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Thanks for the reply.
The thing is I don´t want the user to see what the selected branch is, not in the grid at least.

I managed to find a solution though. I created a set of the Branches that I want included, then I created a member that summed upp all those members.
That way I can display only the systems and then place the newly created member in the WHERE clause.

Thanks again for the answer

Duck season, now fire !!
--Honorable Daffy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back