Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desperate help on page fitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I've used Publisher 2000 to build my site but I'm shortly getting Front Page 2000. Due to the various restriction of Pub. I'm going to transfer the whole site into FP. The problem is the way the pages fit. First off, I have content filling the page left to right - right up to the edge. Also, the page layout is set to perfectly fit the screen horizontally - so no scroll bar. Now, I'm sure it's one of those Microsoft glitches (you don't say), but when I first preview my site in internet Explorer it fits perfectly horizontally. When I go the another page, suddenly a horizontal scroll bar appears. If I scroll to the edge my background seems to have extended (but not the top title 'banner' or any of my content, just the grey background) - it also extends vertically - this is equally by about 1/2cm. When I refresh the page everything's fine again - no horizontal scrolling. It seems whenever I load a new page, the layout extends.

Will this happen in Front Page? Am I missing something, it seems real strange. Furthermore, is there a way of making the content fit properly to whatever resolution a user viewing the page is on? ie. in a higher resolution the content still fills the screen.

Thanks for your help in advance.

..and before anyone suggests, yes I will be starting from scratch in FP!!

You are correct James, start from scracth!

In FP2K you can size the tables to 100% instead of pixels. FP2K is one of the most unique systems to use, if you can learn all the great tricks and shot cuts, you'll see what I mean. Take a look at , I created this site from FP2K and it looks nothing like a FP2K created site.

If I can help in the future I'll try.

David Parker
TPA Web Design

Thanks for the reassurance David. The Publisher version was just to get the design right etc. (I know how much redundant code it produces!)

Nice site. If I may ask, where did you get your background pages, and clip art? I'm looking for some kind of like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back