Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DESPERATE ATTEMPT--- I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, need help with my video

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaxted

Vendor
Jun 16, 2002
CA
I have installed a TNT2 M64 16mb PCI video card on an IBM desktop with a socket 8 180mhz processor 32mb ram, windows 95 and I 1.5gb hard drive. I replaced an old 2mb video card with this tnt2 and everytime I go to install any kind of driver recommended for it it always says that it hasn't been set up properly in the properties after the driver's been installed. I have done basically everything and still nothing. Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

Try booting into Safe Mode and remove your display adapter(s). Reboot into Normal mode and let Windows redetect your video card prompting to install the drivers. Make sure they're the ones that came with the TNT card.
[deejay]
ck_blk@yahoo.com

I think that answer is basically correct. But I am leery of drivers that came with the card. If you have a 'net connection, I highly recommend you look for later versions online. My GeForce 4 (MX 440) would NOT perform properly with Windoze XP until I upgraded the drivers.

I just meant to make sure you don't use the wrong drivers. Of course, the latest drivers are preferred. You can always download/install updates later...
[deejay]
ck_blk@yahoo.com

I would probably go one step further and install the video drivers in safe mode as well.
It sometimes helps with the glitches.

Good Luck

Lilbpaw

ok.. but the question is: how can we uninstall the drivers when they aren't from a program? How can i uninstall each file of the driver?

The drivers are located under "device manager" (Start->Settings->Control Panel->System). They will be under a category called "display adapters". Just make sure at the top, you have View devices by type selected.

I'm assuming you have Win9x/ME... ~cdogg
"Drive on parkways and park in driveways?"

sounds like a installation problem to me. uninstall card and drivers then use drivers that came with the card after you reinstall. then upgrade your drivers and everything should work. when you use third party drivers sometimes they can corrupt your new driver that you dl and cause screwy things to happen on your video. hope it helps. PS MAKE absolutely sure you did the physical install right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back