Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDEdwards

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
US
For some reason, as of late, whenever I goto drag a selection around files on my desktop, "dotted line selector thingy" will lock and stay on the desktop (though I am then able to select the icons). Any idea how I can find whats causing this problem -- or do any of you know a fix?

This can sometimes be caused by the display adapter acceleration being a bit too high. Right click on the desktop and click Properties. Then click on the Settings tab and then the Advanced button. Click on the Troubleshooting tab and slide the Acceleration down 1 notch, OK all the way out and try the mouse selection again. If the dotted line persists, knock down the acceleration one more and try it again. JSV

yeah, I had considered that thought already, and infact, fully disabled acceleration, but it still persisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back