Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Messaging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossV

Technical User
May 22, 2006
US
I have an issue with desktop messaging not being able to deliver messages to my outlook inbox. I get the notification from the MWI at the bottom of the screen and my phone lights up but the voicemail is actually never delivered. I've tried deleting the voicemail box removing, rebooting and reinstalling the client on the machine and it still tanks. I've even deleted the users voicemail box and had an exchange admin delete and rebuild their inbox. When I run a Call Pilot trace I see an old machine name that belonged to the user a couple months ago. I've had the AD admin check it out and he showed me that the old machine name doesn't exist in AD. My question is where is the old machine name cached and what can I do to replace it with the new machine name.The new machine name is in AD and it's not orfdavis320w7. Here's the trace:
15:20:33:911 - CallPilot 05.00.41.142, Copyright 2011 Avaya Inc. All Rights Reserved
15:21:26:385 [2936, nrm, Common] - XP Status <Influshing>
15:21:26:400 [2936, nrm, Common] - XP Status <Online>
15:21:26:416 [2936, nrm, Common] - XP Status <Online>
15:21:34:715 [2936, nrm, DM_Exchg] - ICpltXpLogon::StoreAdvise - <fnevObjectModified>
15:21:36:182 [2936, nrm, Common] - ICpltXpLogon::FindHiddenSyncMessage opened nortel sync info (from cache)
15:21:36:197 [2936, nrm, Common] - ICpltXpLogon::ReadCachedSyncList found <45> cached sync entries
15:21:36:213 [2936, nrm, Common] - Synchronization handled by <ORFDAVIS320W7>
15:21:37:227 [2936] - CIMAPServer::Reset IMAP connection closed
15:21:37:242 [2936, nrm, Common] - mm_notify <OMAHACP IMAP4rev1 server terminating

We are having the same issue. The emails are being delivered to the callpilot inbox, even though we set it to deliver to the user's inbox. We've given this user a brand new computer, but still no go. Anyone know what's up with this? Thanks.

We are also experiencing this issue. Very strange. It has to be pulling the information from the BCM. Not sure how to fix it.

It seems that Call Pilot caches the machine name of the PC using each and every client and then uses the machine name on the send and receive. If you change the client to resolve to your call pilots fully qualified domain name instead of to the IP of the Call Pilot it seems to fix the problem. The reverse works too, convert from FQDN to IP. The problem was cropping up when people got new PC's and the machine name changed. Hopefully it solves your problems too. I can't get an answer as to why this works and at this stage of the death march I don't plan on digging too deeply. It stinks to watch Nortel circle the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back