Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop messaging over VPN/SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
-Does anyone have desktop messaging working using a SSL connection over a VPN? I have hit a wall with this and it seems to be with SP-2 (service pack) on Windows XP.

And what kind of desktop client are you using. Have you checked for updates...?

i2007

Version 2.05.06.17 and yes, I think there is a newer build, I'm waiting for my vendor to burn me a copy so that I can test this. Nortel tells me there are no issues with the version I have though.

In fact you have 2 options. Either you simply have your users VPN into your network and launch their desktop messaging client. Make sure that the appropriate IMAP SSL AND SMTP SSL ports are allowed in the firewall rules and everything should work. I would also consider using MyCallPilot which would make things even easier!

Martin

Thanks, I didn't think to try the My Call Pilot option, I'll try that tonight. And the VPN/SSL works with SP-1 but not SP-2? Once I get the updated version I'll try this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back