Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Messaging - Cannot install

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBGeist

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
Hello,

I am trying to install Desktop Messaging on my laptop and it keeps telling me that it detects that my computer is a call pilot server and it cannot install on a CP server.

I know it's not a server, and I've tried removing everything call pilot from the registry but it still won't let me install. I know i'd seen this in the past and somehow fixed it but I can't remember what I did.

Has anyone had this happen before and do you remember how to fix it? I'm at the point where i think i might have to re-image my computer.

I have the same problem and I have never been able to get a responce on how to fix it. I would love to know how as well.

What version of Callpilot are you using and what version of Desktop Msger are u using?

Server is 02.01.27
DM version is 2.50.06.03

I've installed in on other computers for use with this server and it works fine. I just can't get it to install on my laptop. I do have Application Builder installed but I uninstalled it and still can't get it to work.

There is something in your desktop's registry that has something to do with CallPilot. I had the same thing on my machine and I had one of my pc techs look at it and run a registry cleaner and now it installs with no problem.

Do you have any idea what that is? I have removed everything labelled callpilot in the registry and in the files. i still can't get it to install. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I took everything callpilot out of my registry as well with no luck. I also removed any Nortel programs from my computer and still have the same issue. I have never been able to get a responce on how to fix this issue either here or on another site. I figured someone somewhere had to run into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back