Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sladan

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2001
CH
does anyone has experience with peregrine desktop inventory and especially with solaris platform?

thanx
sladan

I am involved with developing this software; if you have a specific question, I'll be happy to provide you with an answer.

Which version of PDI are you using?

Allan Mertner

hi allan,

we don't use pdi. we are just evaluating new solution. recently i have tested it and have a little problem, that you surely can solve.
PDI 7.1.1
AIX 4.3.3 it doesn't work: if i try to open server.xml.gz with viewer than i get "XML format fingerprints must be encoded as UTF-8."
AIX 5.* there is no problem.
do you have any idea?

thanx
sladan

Hi Sladan,

Is the system an English system?

Configuring the scanner to save FSF files instead of xml.gz will almost certainly solve the problem. You can still get xml.gz files from the XML Enricher - and these should be encoded correctly.

The mechanism used in the UNIX scanners of PDI 7.1.1 for translating data into UTF-8 (when saving to xml) did not always work, resulting in files with invalid characters. This has been fixed in PDI 7.2, which will be available this month.

I hope this helps you,
Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back