Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop icons & appearance changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
Two quick questions :-

1) After applying an image on my desktop (and enabling active desktop), the text to my icons has a block of colour behind it, the same as the previous desktop colour. How do I get rid of it ?

2) After customising a few settings in the display properties/appearance bit, I saved my settings with the "save as" option. Can this be backed up and saved for example to transfer the settings should I ever have to format & re-install.

thanks
kwunder

1. You'll have to change the background colors to get the color behind the icon's explanation text to change. Right-click yoour Desktop; Point to Properties; Choose the Appearance tab; Change the Color to the right of the Item heading using the drop-down arrow next to Color. Choose the Color you desire to appear behind the aforementioned text; Click Apply; Click Ok.

2. No, those settings can't be backed up per se, you can however back them up by taking notes as to what your settings were for future reference should you need them. Emachines, Celeron 600, 256 Mb RAM, 10 Gb HDD, ADSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back