Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop icon shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

J741

Technical User
Jul 3, 2001
CA

I've got a desktop background image which makes the desktop icons somewhat dificult to see. Does anyone know how to create a haze around the desktop icons and text, or perhaps a shadow behind them, to make them easier to see?

- James.

My memory is not as good as it should be, and neither is my memory.

I have forgotten more than I can remember

Don't know if this will help or if this is what you are looking for, but you can

Right click "My Computer" and go to "Properties"

From there go to the "Advanced" Tab. In here you will see a "Performance" area. Click "Settings"

This brings up a seperate window of "Visual Effects Tab", scroll down to the "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop."

Did this help at all?

You could play around with Display Properties/ Appearance/ Advanced/ and Item, where you can select Desktop. If you have a Wallpaper background image you can still change the color for the desktop which will then only appear around the icon name text as a border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back