Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

desktop display problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucodu

Technical User
Sep 20, 2008
CA
Since yesterday, whenever I open a program from the desktop, my screen turns blue and I no longer have access to my desktop (all icons disappear). In order to have access to my desktop, I have to click in the taskbar on «show desktop», which is unpleasant to say the least. That same day, I also installed a new driver for the printer I had. However, I deleted the program from my control panel, thinking this would resolve the problem that started shortly after its installation... but to no avail. Anyone knows what might be the problem, and how to fix this? Thanks.

What OS are you using? If you are using XP try doing a rolling back to a system restore point before you had the problem.

I am using Vista - I wanted to add this info to my post but could find an edit button... I'll look at the system restore feature on Vista, if it has one, that is... Thanks.

Yes Vista should have system restore. Not got Vista to hand, but I seem to remember that it has.

I just did a system restore... and everything seems to work... super thanks!! I'm a happy fellow this am! Take care and enjoy the day and weekend!

luc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back