Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Communicator with Server Edition 10.1.2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iProfessor

Technical User
Nov 11, 2015
ZA
Hi Guys

I am stumped.

Server Edition 10.1.2 running with OneX configured XMPP as the host ip address (internal usage only.

Certificate installed on client pc working 100%. can browse to system with no certificate errors.

Downloaded the very latest Communicator from the IPOffice section on the support site. Installed it and configured for TLS with the sip domain.

What ever i do Communicator always says "The presence server is not responding. Please contact your support team"

What am i missing?

Not sure, but I have just had exactly the same. No issues with presence in the one-x portal or on one-x mobile, but communicator is constant "presence server not responding". Tried everything on the communicator settings I can think of (TCP and TLS, presence server entered and not entered, etc) and no difference.

| ACSS SME |

Sounds really stupid but did you log out and then back in again? I've seen this a few times.

Also, don't populate the presence server field in the settings.

ACSS (SME)

Communicator is dead anyway. Long live Equinox

ACSS (SME)

I have raised a ticket with Avaya as it doesnt work no matter what I do. Will update when I know anything.

| ACSS SME |

Open One-X Admin --> Configuration --> Host Domain Name and populate your FQDN for the server.

Make sure this is also populated within One-X Admin --> Configuration --> IM/Presence --> XMPP Domain Name

Twitchy - cheers, the hostname had been entered wrong when the IT guy created the virtual instance of the SE, I had been in and updated it everywhere but

Open One-X Admin --> Configuration --> Host Domain Name and populate your FQDN for the server.

Updated that and now presence works.

Cheers

| ACSS SME |

Hi Guys

Did as recommended, put the local DNS name (FQDN) in the onex. Presence still not working.

Any more suggestions?

Ok working now, had to shutdown the app and re-open.

It works on Desktop Communicator and Mobile app on Android but not on mobile app on any iPhone.

Any ideas?

i know Avaya and ios are not a marriage made in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back