Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desk Phone IP55G HFA problems with Canonical dial and LDAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omenas

Systems Engineer
Jan 9, 2020
LT
Hi,

Back when we had OS4K V8, we started using Desk Phone IP55G HFA. Subscriber numbers were recorded in the internal number format (9XXXX) in Active Directory contacts. LDAP worked fine. CP series phones followed and only about 100 units of the IP55G remained. Also, the PBX version is upgraded to V10R1. With the advent of the CP series phones, the international format of phone numbers began to be used in Active directory contacts. Canonical dial is also used to display the correct number and name. However, a few days ago I had to connect one IP55G and noticed that Canonical dial and LDAP were not working on it. When calling phones of this model, the display shows either the internal five-digit number or, if calling from outside, the full number, but without the name, although the AD contacts have the name assigned to the number.
Everything works fine in the CP series phones.
LDAP settings, template file and canonical settings are the same on all phones. IP55G "Directory" search by name works.
IP55G firmware V3 R0.52.0
What would be the thoughts?

Canonical dial settings here. Codes edited for obvious reasons :)
Canonical1_pftx3t.png
canonical2_udo50q.png

I don't know the answer. But if you've got the same settings on DPIP and CP phone, and an upgrade from V8 to V10 broke some functionality, then would be enough for a ticket to Unify. As you have upgraded to V10 R1, I would expect some maintenance cover to be in place. I would not accept something not working after update, if it was working before.

The point is that I don't know exactly when it stopped working, because in the beginning there was OS4K V8 hardware version, then it was migrated to V10 version in VMware environment, and now the version has been upgraded to V10R1. IP55G is only used by some remote users and I haven't seen phones of that model in a long time, so I don't know when this problem started because no users reported the problem.
However, I have informed the Unify representative but have not received any response yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back