Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Designing a jsp/servlet-based job/career-search web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdubowy

Programmer
Mar 1, 2001
US
My question is fairly broad and open-ended. I am curious about what would be a good design for a job-search type of website - one that would allow for users to set up accounts, store personal information on a database, search jobs listed another database, etc. The site would be for job seekers as well as employers. Thus, there would be two types of accounts, and two types of access.

I am new to java technologies, and would like to have an idea of what I should use. For example, is it best to create a class that is populated by the information int eh database, and is somehow stored and kept accessible throughout the users session? Would I create such an object within a servlet, within a java bean? Can I make it so that this object would be created upon log-in, an destroyed upon log-off? Would I create a connection to the database that lasts throughout the session?......etc...

I appreciate any advice, including any website, book, or other resrouce that might be appropriate.
thanks,
jdubowy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back