Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

designer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrav

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
I am on Progression SQL 7.6.300c and I am having problems when I try to add values to choose from on the billing comments in order entry. Once I add the comments as acceptable values in designer and I check allow additional values - every order that I (and 2 other users) enter becomes an incomplete order after we hit enter on the billing screen. I have had to remove the comments for now. I have also had this happen when I added acceptable values in line comments - if I added a line comment in an order it would exit me out of order after that screen and the order would be incomplete. Has anyone else had this issue?
Any ideas?

Celeste

Are you making this a required field as well?

If you found a resolution, please post it, I would be interested.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I have not made it a required field. No resolution - I removed it from my screenset to alleviate the problem.

Celeste

What screenset was this? OE0101 or OE0112CG? The latter being the billing screen that already has 3 comment fields on it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

OE0112CG - I did not add additional comment fields - I just added possible values for those comment fields - so they can add their own comment or choose from a pull down.

Celeste

I just tested this without problems in 76400b. I cannot test in your environment. Do you have other modifications on this screen?

No - that was my only modification on that screen. It did work for the majority of my users(frustrating)- we all have the same computers, OS's etc - can't figure out the link of the computers having the problem.

Thanks for your help - I will try again when we upgrade (which shouldn't be too long). I will let you know if I find out anything.

Celeste

What do you mean "the majority of my users"? You aren't modifying this screen for multiple users are you?

Yes I am - what is different about this screen that I can't modify for all my users(MACOLAED)?

Celeste

OK I thought you meant you had one screen for every user you have and were not using MACOLAED.

Still the user specific thing is interesting. Any Flex behind this screen?

No flex behind this screen but we do have flex in the line item entry in orders.

Celeste

When you installed Flex did you install the Demo projects from Macola.

Check the vbaprj directory in your macola root and see if there is a project for this screen there. If so make a backup of it somewhere and delete it.

If you have the demo projects installed I would recommend getting rid of all of them.

My guess is you do. Getting rid of this flex project may fix your problem.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back