Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design view wont display external images/css etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinked

Technical User
Jul 28, 2008
US
My dreamweaver will not display external images or stylesheets in design view. I am behind a network and have to configure my browsers for it to browse the web..how can I do this for dreamweaver? I have looked everywhere inside DW and there is nothing that allows for this. thanks for any suggestions

where are these "external" iamges and css?
most likely is the path issue.

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

I have been using dreamweaver for about 8 years now and never had this problem on my home computer or the places I used to work for. My current company is behind a firewall and I believe that is the reason it cant read them. The path to these images/css files are on an external site, I have the path settings correct.

hi brinked,
ok, firewall would do it...as well as hotlink protection on the external site.
can you access the file by hitting the url of ?

"...have to configure my browsers for it to browse the..."
there is nothing on the DW side that you have to do, only on the system...perhaps your company is using a proxy,firewall,spyware box.

Also check your local firewall and add DW.exe as excpetions as well as talk to your admin about possibly blocking your external-site.com.

All the best!

:-------------------------------------:
Do the DW »|MostarNetworks|

my company does use a proxy...I had to configure these settings in IE and FF in order to access the internet. I asked the systems admin and he said the way its setup there is no way to add an exception.

and yes, I can access the files fine when typing the paths into my browser.

Does anyone know how dreamweaver connects to the internet and where I can possibley set these settings?

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back