Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boymarty24

Technical User
Aug 21, 2003
SE
Hi!

We have a customer with one ASA5505 base license. They are going to get connected to another company by VPN. This company is very strict about who´s connecting so instead of using the ASA as VPN device they have configured and shipped a cisco 800 router. This router is configured with a public IP range on the LAN side ( not on the same network as ours ) and the WAN side is configured with one of our public IP´s. Every client on our network need to have access to the VPN. I have no possibilty to change the configuration on the 800 router.

I know i can put another ASA to use with the 800 but then i will get asymmetric routing and i rather skip that.

I was wondering if upgrading the ASA to a sec plus license can help me?

Any of you pro´s have any idea?

They have public ips on both ends and WAN is one of your public IPs????

I would like to see how they propose to set this up (topology and all.) If you get the sec plus license, you can make a real DMZ and run it off that, but I am not really understanding their "planZ & schemeZ."

other that that, the sec plus isn't much help.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Wha?

20 yrs old, working towards my CCNP. Looking for a new job :)

Hi,

Yes i know. They have shipped a configured router for access to their network. The WAN public IP is one of ours ( not beeing used of course ) but the LAN side is as i said a public network ( .252 ) The Public IP on the LAN side is NOT ours but something the configured.

So on the cisco router WAN side 60.60.60.5 and lan side 80.80.80.5. 60.60.60.0/28 is my assigned public IP´s from the ISP.

Sorry for the bad explaination on my first post, i was really tired when i added the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back