Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design or print in landscape and field def question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comet304

Programmer
Jun 1, 2004
US
The user wants a new report to come out in landscape. How is this done if the report is created automatically everyday at a specific time. Can I design a report in landscape?

Also I have a field called partid and it consists of xxxxxxxxx~xxxxxxxx~yyyyyyyy. This field is not the same size for every record. Is it possible to extract the yyyyyyyy and put on a report?

It would be much better if you separated each question into an individual post.

1) When the report is built originally, you can set the page setup to landscape. I assume you mean that it is scheduled to be refreshed by the Broadcast Agent. If you want it to be landscape now, you simply have to edit the report and resubmit and reschedule it.

2) Is the yyyyyy portion always the same size. If so, you should be able to use the Right function in reporter to do what you want.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

2. And if it's not the same size, but your yyyyyyy portion is separated by a delimiter (~?) just look for it in your right function (e.g. INSTR-function in Oracle). But I quess this should be done in your Universe.

Where do I find the Right function. I am new to BO. I have all the fields dragged into the Query Panel and I need to interegate the first field for ~yyyyyyyy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back