Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deployment Services & ISO image

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudusa

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
I've been working on creating an image to deploy with the new WDS. Running into a problem when creating the ISO. has anyeone had any success ??

Thanks

We got the XP Pro WIM image ready for WDS and was trying to find a way to also create a CD image we could use.

I have only had to create the WinPE ISO, and have had trouble with it working sometimes. What sorts of issues are you actually running into? Have you actually created the ISO and it didn't work properly, or have you not been able to generate the ISO?

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Created the WinPE ISO no problem and created the image. Having some issues trying to deploy it now. I used the vista beta DVD and not sure if that is the problem.

Was also wondering if you could create a bootable disc of the image (i.e. ghost).

Thanks

Beta Vista is now defunct, so that could be part of your problem. You need to make an image with the RTM version.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back