Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deployment of Upfront data

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicysudhi

Programmer
Nov 10, 2003
FR
hi,

Can someone please correct me wherever I am wrong in deploying...using deployment manager.

SERVER_A is development server. I want to move security, upfront data, PPES reports to SERVER_B.

on Server_A, in deployment manager
a) Create a new package
b) Pack all contents
=> Files created in d:\program files\cognos\cer4\Packages\ and \packlets.

c) Copy the Packages and packlets folder to SERVER_B; to d:\program files\cognos\cer4 folder
d) Open the package for unpack in deployment manager in SERVER_B
e) Select target server as SERVER_B and do the mapping
f) Validate
g) Unpack
h) Copy the contents of ppserver\ppesroot folder from SERVER_A to SERVER_B in same location (d:\program files\cognos\cer4)
i) in upfront change the gateway to SERVER_B for all newsboxes

am I correct?

regards,
Sudhi

Sudhi,

a few remarks:

h) the PPES can also be deployed with depolyment manager
i) the gateway can be changed in depolyment manager before you unpack

the cognos versions on both servers MUST be exact the same.

christenhusz

thanks.

when its a different version, say from cer4 to cer5, then I guess in DM, i hav to change all target locations from cer4 to cer5?

thanks again.

Upgrading from one version to another version in PPES you have to run some commands line, to modify all the locations and to upgrade the CFX and/or PPX files.

Everything is documented in Cognos Installation document.

From cer3 to Cer4 the commands were (assuming that you have not changed the paths except the CER location)

Run in all the PPES servers (without the PPES service running)
ppserver –m –un MyUserAccount cer3 cer4
ppserver –m –un MyUserAccount –ppx
They will prompt you for password.

Then for Upfront there is a tiny application upfupgrade.exe which upgrade the Upfront package created by upfpack.exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back