Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deployment of Contivity VPN Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt00692

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2002
US
I have been able to automate the deployment of Contivity VPN client to many laptop systems and everything is great except I can not pre-define the Group Password for authenication.

I can pre-define the Group name, but not the Group Password.

Has anyone gone thru a mass deployment of this software and if so, how did you get around the Group Password issue.

Thanks!

If you are still there... Did you ever get an answer? I am really stuck with the same problem

Thanks a lot!

Boy the original post is old.
I was faced with the same thing. You have to have the end user enter the Group password after the install.

I just created a word document and pdf with screenshots and told them what to do. I could never find a way to have the install package enter in the password.

Think they did it for security reasons because it would show up in plaintext in the setup file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back