Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deployment help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erics44

Programmer
Oct 7, 2004
GB
Hi
I need to advice with deployment. In the past I have always used the copy project option as i have been putting sites on a company intranet. I now have a site to put in the internet and i am not entirely sure how i do it. Do i need to ftp it?

Thanks in advance

It depends on your hosting provider. Many of them will give you FTP access to your site so that may be the option to go with. Check with your provider (and their help section) on what methods they offer.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

thanks for your reply

Yes they have given me ftp access. I am unsure of how to use it though, do i need to save my site somewhere with front page extensions anbd then copy the files across?

If you are using visual studio 2005 you can use the Publish Web Site option.

I don't have 2002 to test here but I'm sure there will be a deployment option. You could just deply locally (if there isn't an option to deploy directly to an FTP site) and then just FTP that directory across to your hosting provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back