Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deployment Files in Websphere App developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilea

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
CA
When I make a bean and generate the deployment files in Webshpere Studio Application Developer it creates many additional files in my project folder. I am assuming these are all related to the deployment of the beans to the integrated Websphere server.

example: EJSStatelessTestSessionHomeBean_cb635b97.java

Does anyone know if these should be packages up with the EAR or are they unneccessary for deployment to a standalone Websphere server?

I am somewhat consfused as of what to do with them.

thanks,
Isaac

Studio generates deployment artifacts it needs in the EAR file and you not be concerned with these if you have used the normal project folder structure. Studio will use them to construct the EAR file. Basic rule of thumb is, let Studio manage these resources unless you absolutely have to override it's folder assignments.

Ok, but when I package my EAR file for export to an external server are these files necessary?

I understand the need for them in websphere developer but am unsure about elsewhere.

So far as I know you just export the EAR file by itself. This is certainly the first thing to test anyway because it's the simplest approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back