Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying software through Win2K GPO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

primate

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am trying to automate installation of Acrobat 6.0 using Group Policy. The client machines are WinXP Pro.

I have created an .msi package using WinInstall LE and then deployed the package via a GPO under user config.

When the software installation is invoked on a client machine, the installation appears to run through fine, it even comfirms this in Event viewer. However whenever I try to open Acrobat it crashes and also Acrobat doesn't appear to have registered itself since the .pdf extension isn't associated with Acrobat.

Does anyone have any experience or tips with this that I can try?

BTW, I am new to using this feature of Windows, the only package I have deployed succesfully was WinXP SP1 using the .msi file that MS provides in the extracted SP files which I assigned to computers rather than users.

How do I create an installer package to install client access on client machines through GP Do I need to buy software ro convert it or can I create a package for deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back